I'm Back
I’m back. I still
write in my note journal by my bed every day, but as far as blogging notes, I’m
afraid that I will let it consume me. I
fear pride. I am praying to be humble as
I want my blog not to be about me, but a tool of encouragement.
I’ve had a lot of topics come through my mind and soul. Yes, I said soul, the deep inner part of my
spiritual self. The Bible Study of
Esther, by Beth Moore, has spoken to my heart and challenged me. Example, when we have retreats, the leaders
take time to pray over every building, rooms, chairs, pews, altars, and
speakers. Now, why aren’t we praying over
every aspect of our life? Why aren’t we
praying over our children’s rooms? Parents,
stand in your children’s rooms and pray that God will rule over their lives,
the room will be a place of devotion, and bless the bed where the child will
sleep and dream. Pray over the kitchen
table that words shared will be of laughter and joy. Pray over the den that this family room will
be used to build character, not degrade the mind with foolish programs on
television. Ok.
This was not a part of the study, but something Beth said brought this
to my mind. She mentioned in session six
how the team prays over the room where she speaks. We do the same for the Girls’ Retreats we
have at Camp Summers and Manget. Prayer
is powerful. Use this tool to fight off
the demons in your life and to prepare for each day and life event.
Comments
Post a Comment