"He Humbled You"
Faith, it is something we carry in our hearts and souls. Faith, we may leave it behind or keep it close and near. This morning I'm challenged with the words in Deuteronomy chapter 8. The Children of Israel did not have a strong faith and kept complaining and turning to other sources other than God. For their lack of faith, they were destined to wonder for forty years in the wilderness. When all is taken away, we tend to fall on our knees and pray.
In reading Deuteronomy, there are answers to "why?". This time as I read I'm underlining the why and because. Try it! Here is what I found today.
"And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not." (2)
Lack of faith in God to give them the promised land led to the forty years in a dry and thirsty land. They rebelled and those rebelling would not last the forty years. Those forty years were not only to punish but to prepare them for the promised land. They were humbled and tested. Through it all, God could see what was in their hearts and could see if they would keep the commandments or not.
We have those times in our lives. A child has been lost or in trouble, an illness consumes the body, lack of funds to live as you want, or times of grief are times of pain and testing. Do we face problems humbly on our knees with faith knowing that God will help us through the pain and sorrow? Or,do we hide and bury ourselves in a corner hoping no one notices? How are you facing your problems today? These are the times that shows what/who is in your heart.
"So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord." (3)
The bread of life is God. I don't have time this morning before work, but google "bread of life." It's Jesus. I need Jesus in my heart to make it through each day. I need these times in the word to meditate and pray. In these times, God speaks to my heart. He is there. He is waiting. Humbled and hungry, I search the words of the Lord and find comfort.
"So you should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the Lord your God chastens you." (5)
Feed yourself the manna of life, God's Words. Take it in your hands, pray over it, search it, read it, and faithfully know God is there waiting on you.
This is what I'm doing this morning before the rush of driving to work to spend eight hours rushing all day. It gives me peace. I'm feeding my heart with "Doses of Faith."
In reading Deuteronomy, there are answers to "why?". This time as I read I'm underlining the why and because. Try it! Here is what I found today.
"And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not." (2)
Lack of faith in God to give them the promised land led to the forty years in a dry and thirsty land. They rebelled and those rebelling would not last the forty years. Those forty years were not only to punish but to prepare them for the promised land. They were humbled and tested. Through it all, God could see what was in their hearts and could see if they would keep the commandments or not.
We have those times in our lives. A child has been lost or in trouble, an illness consumes the body, lack of funds to live as you want, or times of grief are times of pain and testing. Do we face problems humbly on our knees with faith knowing that God will help us through the pain and sorrow? Or,do we hide and bury ourselves in a corner hoping no one notices? How are you facing your problems today? These are the times that shows what/who is in your heart.
"So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord." (3)
The bread of life is God. I don't have time this morning before work, but google "bread of life." It's Jesus. I need Jesus in my heart to make it through each day. I need these times in the word to meditate and pray. In these times, God speaks to my heart. He is there. He is waiting. Humbled and hungry, I search the words of the Lord and find comfort.
"So you should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the Lord your God chastens you." (5)
Feed yourself the manna of life, God's Words. Take it in your hands, pray over it, search it, read it, and faithfully know God is there waiting on you.
This is what I'm doing this morning before the rush of driving to work to spend eight hours rushing all day. It gives me peace. I'm feeding my heart with "Doses of Faith."
Comments
Post a Comment