Get Behind Me Satan


As the New Year starts, I find myself not into making resolutions.  I’m looking back at my mistakes and what separates me from God.   The year was a year of ups and downs.  Why?  The reason is that I became self-absorbed.  In each instant, I made a crisis over something that I could have taken care of with little effort, if only I had.  There were two and I let them drag on for months.  Satan knew my weakness and I fell into the trap.  So, there are no resolutions to break, just repentance on my knees.

     As I repented, I saw how foolish I was.  Oh!  How I wish I could see what I was letting into my life.  It was self-pity.  I have no hard feelings, but I regret my feelings of being abandoned.  I’m healthy with a good mind, and I don’t need to be taken care of.  I’ve always been independent, energetic, and strong willed.  It was foolish to think of myself needing help.  Yes, we all like to be appreciated and have someone do something for us.  At the same time, it is foolish not to examine our thoughts and listen to advice from others.

     I’m throwing advice into the mix, because we don’t like anyone to let us know we are doing something wrong.  I wish I had a friend kind enough to visit or call to talk to me when I was down.  The problem could be that I may not listen.  I’ve seen friendships end because one shared a fault and tried to give advice, but the one being advised took the matter seriously.  You know, some of us never do anything wrong and live off of the drama of social media.  Yes, I had to throw in social media.  If some people would only step back and look at what they post before they hit send.  Did I get off the subject?  No, I’m just saying that true friendships are not on social media, but true friendships are the ones where we can talk to each other one on one and take each other the way we are.  Then, if advice is part of the conversation, listen, because they care enough to let you know how you may be looking to others.

     So, I’m saying, “Get behind me Satan.”  I’m following Jesus.  With no more pity parties, I’m forging ahead to be a doer of the Word.  As doors open to serve, I’m running through.  I will work on not going through the motions, but truly committing all to my creator and Savior. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY