Don't Judge, But Share God's Love
Romans 1:18-32 touches on a subject that we
like to skip over, homosexuality. Today,
we have to face it and talk about it.
Now, we have moved from homosexuality to transgender. I’m not a specialist of any kind, so I’m
writing my opinion on this subject. Am I
comfortable? No, I am not, but this is a
subject that we must face. We can’t
sweep it under the rug anymore.
First, I can’t explain why people choose this lifestyle. In days past, many blamed it on an overbearing or domineering mother, mental or physical abuse, or lack of a good father or mother figure in the home. There are others reasons that one may add to the list. However, today we are told that people are born this way, but where is the scientific proof? Can it be proven? Or, could it be more people choose this lifestyle, because it is the going thing to do? All I have is questions, and no answers.
However, I do have an opinion on how Christians should respond to this lifestyle. I will start with Romans 2:1 “It is inexcusable to judge others. When you judge others, you condemn yourself.” By the way, this is in my words, my translation. It is not our place to judge anyone. Even, Jesus told the Pharisees in John 8:7, “He that is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone.” Jesus did not condemn her but told her to “go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11) He showed compassion and love while telling her to sin no more. Jesus taught us to love one another. In Mark 12:31 Jesus said, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” You can find this in Matthew 22:39 and Leviticus 19:18. Finally, Jesus’ last command to us is to go and teach. “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:20) So, in my opinion, we are to not judge but love, and when the opportunity arises, teach them God’s Way.
This can be written and every angle discussed, but this is not placing anything into action. This is the hard part, because discrimination goes both ways. If I share that I’m a Christian and my faith, I’m called ignorant, among other things. Then, yes, there are those who call themselves Christians who condemn the homosexual or transgender person. For me, it takes a lot of prayer. I’m praying to be able to say the right things, because I don’t want to offend anyone. At the same time, I want to be able to respond in a way that shows God’s love. I want to challenge their lifestyle in a way that will not offend but show that God’s way is the only way. I know some Christians who have no problem with communication. Well, I know one special lady who shows love to everyone no matter. Oh! If only, I could respond like Mrs. Gladys. I’m praying, and when the time comes, my faith assures me that I will respond as Christ commanded.
In conclusion, you may feel that you wasted your time reading this very short opinion. I could have gone into civil rights from every angle, but this is not important when we can accept the person and not the lifestyle. Or, I could have gone into the health risks, but as I mentioned, I’m not a doctor. What I do know is what God commands us in the scriptures. If you haven’t read the Bible, I challenge you to pick it up and read it. Start with the book of John. If you like poetry, read the book of Psalms. If you want to know how the gospel of Christ spread so fast over the civilized world, start with the book of Acts, then read all the letters that follow. You will see, my faith is built on the wonderful love of God, and this is the reason I will not judge but love as Christ loved.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Note: I know what the Bible says about homosexuality. In the above, I'm looking at the individual not the root of the sin. Paul explains it well in Romans 1:18 - 32. However, let me point out the verses that follow commands us not to judge. Romans 3:23 - 25 "All have sinned." With remission of sins and faith in God, those sins are forgiven.
First, I can’t explain why people choose this lifestyle. In days past, many blamed it on an overbearing or domineering mother, mental or physical abuse, or lack of a good father or mother figure in the home. There are others reasons that one may add to the list. However, today we are told that people are born this way, but where is the scientific proof? Can it be proven? Or, could it be more people choose this lifestyle, because it is the going thing to do? All I have is questions, and no answers.
However, I do have an opinion on how Christians should respond to this lifestyle. I will start with Romans 2:1 “It is inexcusable to judge others. When you judge others, you condemn yourself.” By the way, this is in my words, my translation. It is not our place to judge anyone. Even, Jesus told the Pharisees in John 8:7, “He that is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone.” Jesus did not condemn her but told her to “go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11) He showed compassion and love while telling her to sin no more. Jesus taught us to love one another. In Mark 12:31 Jesus said, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” You can find this in Matthew 22:39 and Leviticus 19:18. Finally, Jesus’ last command to us is to go and teach. “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:20) So, in my opinion, we are to not judge but love, and when the opportunity arises, teach them God’s Way.
This can be written and every angle discussed, but this is not placing anything into action. This is the hard part, because discrimination goes both ways. If I share that I’m a Christian and my faith, I’m called ignorant, among other things. Then, yes, there are those who call themselves Christians who condemn the homosexual or transgender person. For me, it takes a lot of prayer. I’m praying to be able to say the right things, because I don’t want to offend anyone. At the same time, I want to be able to respond in a way that shows God’s love. I want to challenge their lifestyle in a way that will not offend but show that God’s way is the only way. I know some Christians who have no problem with communication. Well, I know one special lady who shows love to everyone no matter. Oh! If only, I could respond like Mrs. Gladys. I’m praying, and when the time comes, my faith assures me that I will respond as Christ commanded.
In conclusion, you may feel that you wasted your time reading this very short opinion. I could have gone into civil rights from every angle, but this is not important when we can accept the person and not the lifestyle. Or, I could have gone into the health risks, but as I mentioned, I’m not a doctor. What I do know is what God commands us in the scriptures. If you haven’t read the Bible, I challenge you to pick it up and read it. Start with the book of John. If you like poetry, read the book of Psalms. If you want to know how the gospel of Christ spread so fast over the civilized world, start with the book of Acts, then read all the letters that follow. You will see, my faith is built on the wonderful love of God, and this is the reason I will not judge but love as Christ loved.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Note: I know what the Bible says about homosexuality. In the above, I'm looking at the individual not the root of the sin. Paul explains it well in Romans 1:18 - 32. However, let me point out the verses that follow commands us not to judge. Romans 3:23 - 25 "All have sinned." With remission of sins and faith in God, those sins are forgiven.
Comments
Post a Comment