Are You a Christian?
"Was he a Christian?" Grandson asks.
"Is he a Christian?" Grandson asks.
In a day with one of my grandsons, I get asked these questions. My answer is "I don't know." Why? Because, I don't know. I told my grandson, "Only God knows what is in the heart, and I'm not the one to judge." I still mourn for those who die lost, but I know that it is my responsibility to ask, "Are you a Christian?" So, I tell my concerned grandson, "We have to ask the person."
Jesus had said to Martha in John 11:25,26: "I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And, whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe?"
Martha replied, "Yes, I believe that you are the Christ."
Jesus asked. Yes, he knew the answer, but he asked. It is a decision for each individual. I can't judge, because I'm not the one who knows the heart and judges. Jesus knew the heart of Martha, but he asked because we need to examine our own hearts and answer to God not man. As a servant of God, we ask the question, "Do you believe?"
Believe what? "When we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Romans 5:6-10
The question, "Are you a Christian?" is more than "Are you a good and righteous person? Some consider themselves righteous without God. The question being asked is "Do you believe in God?" Without faith in God we are not saved. A faith which knows that God is in us and with us. A faith that gives us assurance that God is with us and his glory will shine through us. Now, with this faith, we repent of our sins and sin no more. With this faith, we seek God daily to open our eyes to his love and glory.
"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. But, if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:5-9
Can you answer the question? The question, "Are you a Christian?"
Do you believe in the one true God who loves you and is waiting on you to say "Yes, I believe"?
"Is he a Christian?" Grandson asks.
In a day with one of my grandsons, I get asked these questions. My answer is "I don't know." Why? Because, I don't know. I told my grandson, "Only God knows what is in the heart, and I'm not the one to judge." I still mourn for those who die lost, but I know that it is my responsibility to ask, "Are you a Christian?" So, I tell my concerned grandson, "We have to ask the person."
Jesus had said to Martha in John 11:25,26: "I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And, whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe?"
Martha replied, "Yes, I believe that you are the Christ."
Jesus asked. Yes, he knew the answer, but he asked. It is a decision for each individual. I can't judge, because I'm not the one who knows the heart and judges. Jesus knew the heart of Martha, but he asked because we need to examine our own hearts and answer to God not man. As a servant of God, we ask the question, "Do you believe?"
Believe what? "When we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Romans 5:6-10
The question, "Are you a Christian?" is more than "Are you a good and righteous person? Some consider themselves righteous without God. The question being asked is "Do you believe in God?" Without faith in God we are not saved. A faith which knows that God is in us and with us. A faith that gives us assurance that God is with us and his glory will shine through us. Now, with this faith, we repent of our sins and sin no more. With this faith, we seek God daily to open our eyes to his love and glory.
"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. But, if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:5-9
Can you answer the question? The question, "Are you a Christian?"
Do you believe in the one true God who loves you and is waiting on you to say "Yes, I believe"?
Hello sister Rose Elline. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, india. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the Word of God and children ministry. It interesting to go through your blog post on Are ou A Christian?. It is a good reminder for us to examine ourselves make sure that what you believe you act and be formed in the image of Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,s trengthened and praying for one another. I have been i the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a cityw with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adutls from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your family circle as well as young people whom you teach. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richrest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.
ReplyDelete