No You Can't

     It has been months since I've cleaned my desk.  I've been busy with planning for retirement which takes time planning for income, budget, medical insurance, Medicare, Social Security, and the process and paperwork that comes with retiring.  I have taken time to read most of material sent to me from work, insurance agency, and Social Security.  While planning, I still had busy work schedule and grandmother schedule.  Then, December is always busy with holiday planning and events.  So, after all my children left for home yesterday, I came upstairs to my little office to clean.  As I organized and filed away the stack of folders, the wood grain of my antique desk becomes visible, and there is a note card with my handwritten message to myself months ago, "No, you can't do it all yourself."
     Yes, a message to myself on a note card.  I'm a note card person.  I have note cards everywhere.  As I read the Bible each morning, I have a handful of note cards for note taking and personal reminders to myself.  So, there is the reminder that I can't do it all.  When there is a job to be done, I jump into the task and just do it.  I don't wait on others to come over and do anything for me.  Since 2013, I've learned that I can do anything with the help of YouTube.  I've worked on John Deere riding lawnmower, replaced part on refrigerator, and a few other household projects.  I live in a small town where there aren't many repairmen.  If you call one, it might be months before they get to you.  However, I've never been one to ask for help.  I take pride in being self sufficient.  There is that word - PRIDE - which can knock you down and bruise your ego.  From the bruises of falling, I've learned that I must bury PRIDE.  So, a message written in bold is to remind me: NO, YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL YOURSELF!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY