Destruction of a Nation

     As I read the book of Judges, I saw how God was faithful to the nation of Israel, the descendants of Abraham.  God kept his promise to Abraham as he provided and protected the Israelites on their journey to the Promised Land.  They reached the Promised Land, defeated the inhabitants, and moved into homes, villages, and cities left by those they defeated.  They were a nation chosen and lead by God.  God was faithful, but the Israelites 'did that which was right in his own eyes.' (Judges 21:25)  They did not follow the laws created by their creator.  So, this was their failure as a nation.  The destruction of a nation is not the fault of God; the destruction of a nation is the fault of the people turning away from the laws of the land which were made for the good of the people.

     Israel was destined to destruction and failure, because they did not have faith in God.  Instead of following God and the laws he gave them, they 'did that which was right in their own eyes.'   Seven times in the book of Judges it is written, "the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD."  In Judges we have the history of twelve Judges sent to lead the people.  Each time, God led them to defeat their enemy.  Each time, they turned their backs on God and lived as they wished.  God was patient, but their lack of faith and disobedience to God's laws led to their defeat and loss of their homeland.  Their nation was built by God, but their loss of faith in God destroyed their nation.

     Thoughts of my homeland kept coming to me as I read about the disobedient Israelites in Judges.  It stirred up sadness and grief within me.  My country, the country I love, has come to a fork in the road.  Which way will we go?  Will we fall back on the beliefs of the founders of our great nation?  Or, will we chose the path which will lead to destruction?  

     My desire is for us to be a nation that will be faithful to God, our creator.  It was written in our Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."  Here our founders acknowledged a faith in God.  From history, we know that most of these men were men of faith in God.  Together, they created our Constitution.  The Constitution has been our law for two hundred thirty one years.  A law based on our unalienable rights endowed to us by our Creator.  Today, do we understand the faith that led to our freedom?  Do we as a nation believe in a Creator?  How many have faith in the God of the Holy Scriptures?

     I have no answers to my many questions.  My thoughts are on the current state of the United States of America.  I'm not going into the political evils filling our country nor the corruption in our government.  As I wrote above, I'm sad and grieved with the current condition of our country.  I see the death of a great nation near.  I see the freedoms we have enjoyed disappearing with the anarchy being supported by the Democratic Party and most in the media.  I listen as I hear their bias and consent to what is not natural.  They support the murder of a living being which takes away it's right to life as promised in our Constitution.  What will be next?  Will we choose to take the life of those whose lives are not considered full by some?  Will we lose our right to worship?  As we lean towards Socialism and Communism, will we lose the right to worship our God who is referenced in the Declaration of Independence?  When we let the mobs do what they think is right in their eyes, what will we have?

    We will have the Destruction of a Nation.

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY