Not Waiting, But Ready

      Here I am.  I have COVID19 and still feel lousy.  I started quarantine as soon as I realized that I had been around someone with the virus.  This is day five with the virus.  I still feel lousy with chest congestion and sore throat.  So, here I am.  I try to do things around the house, but I get tired very quickly.  This doesn't leave me with much I can do.  Yesterday, I watched three and a half hours of Sunday services.  It was nice.  I was challenged.  Yes, here I am with just me to meditate, read and pray.  

     I started reading 2 Samuel on New Year's day.  As I read, I'm moved by David's spirit of love for God.  In the first six chapters, David mourns the death of King Saul.  Saul was driven by his hate of David, and David is driven by love for his God.  After David is crowned king of Judah, he seeks answers from God for every action.  Ish-bosheth, Saul's son, was king of Israel.  After two of the captains of Israel kills King Ish-bosheth, David punishes the men for the murder.  David did not want revenge.  David wanted to be in God's will.

 2 Samuel 5:12  'David perceived that the Lord had established him king over Israel, and that he had exalted his kingdom for his people Israel's sake."

2 Samuel 5:19 "David inquired of the Lord."

     In all things, David was seeking to please God.  This is the person I want to be.  I want to love others as Jesus loves them.  I want God in me to follow and serve.  I know the power of saying, "Lord, here I am.  Use me.  Lead me.  I'm yours."  

     Doors will open to serve.  Know that there are no small doors.  Oh, you may think your work is small, but in God's Kingdom, each act of obedience to God's will grows the Kingdom of God.  Now, here I am not waiting but ready to live God's will.

"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."  John 15:9-10 NKJV

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY