God Is My Sanctuary
"Therefore say, Thus says the Lord God; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet I will be as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come." Ezekiel 11:6
For me, I've found comfort knowing my God is always near. I don't have to travel miles to worship. I don't have to wait to call out to God for help. Fortunately, God is always near to hold me up when things seem out of control. God is my sanctuary. Always, God is near.
Moses, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob did not need a temple to have God near. They placed their faith in God, and God was there to lead and give comfort. David worshipped God in the pastures with his sheep. Imagine the young shepherd playing his harp under the moon and stars to praise God. In the quiet still night with sheep sleeping the young shepherd stands watch over his sheep. He pulls out his flute to play softly as the sheep sleep. Just David worshipping God under the stars of the night. With no need of rituals and tradition, these men worshipped God and talked to God. They repented of their sins. They sought to please the God they loved. God was their sanctuary.
Now, don't think you can avoid attending church. I need hearing a good Bible lesson. I need to be feed by the pastor's sermons. I need to see my church family and hear the needs of our missionaries and the sick. My church family will pray for me when I'm sick or need help. We need this support from our brothers and sisters in Christ. At the same time, we need time with God alone. Those quiet moments where we can call on God to teach us and lead us. Those days when the devil is stirring up trouble all around, we need the assurance of God's presence in us. While we lay sick and seeking healing, we need to know God is with us. Yes, God is always there waiting on us to reach out and open our hearts and minds. God is our sanctuary.
I've been blessed to know my God is my sanctuary. I'll never forget how he gave me peace on a particular bad day. I felt betrayed. The lies hurt me to the core. I walked away and cried. As the tears poured I called out to God for peace of mind and wisdom. I walked back into the evil storm and faced the enemy. I was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke kindly and calmly. I didn't change those who hated me, but I set an example to others watching. I had been wronged. They tried to destroy me, but God used this time to teach others of God's love. I forgave them even though they did not want my forgiveness. It was ugly. A few days later, a co-worker came to me. He offered help and let me know that he admired my response and attitude. He told me he had never witnessed such evil against someone so kind and gentle, and he did not expect to see me to come back with a forgiving heart. He wanted what I had. God bless him, and God is his sanctuary.
In good times and bad times, I have a friend who never lets me down. His name is Jesus. He is always with me, because I've opened my mind, heart, and soul to God. All that is within me belongs to God. He was there to guide me through those hard times raising three children. He held me up during those hard times with my husband. He gave me a graceful spirit as I helped take care of my mother-in-law. Believe me. It was hard. I have some stories which we laugh over now. It was faith that helped me through the loss of my husband. It was hard not having him, but God placed people in my life and gave me purpose. Through every part of my life, I know there is a God, because he continues to be my rock, my place to find peace, love, and comfort.
Let God be your sanctuary. Open your heart and seek him. He is always there. You just need to open your heart to him. He loves you and desires to have you in his sanctuary.
God told Ezekiel in chapter 11 verses 19 and 20: "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart our of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God."
Comments
Post a Comment