Consider Your Ways

      Do you ever wonder if you are on the right path?  Have we let the political atmosphere of the last six years define us as individuals?  On social media there are harsh words of disrespect towards one another.  A person can post a Bible verse to have harsh responses which do not relate to the verse posted.  If you don't agree with a person's view, you get blasted for being a member of the wrong political party.  Does anyone consider their words before posting?  Do I?

     This morning while reading Haggai chapter 1, I stopped at verse five, "Therefore, the Lord of host says, 'Consider your ways.'"  When was the last time that I took the time to consider my ways?  Do I let my interest in politics or the news I read control my thoughts and opinions?  Am I making time for self meditation and Bible study?  These verses gave me things to ponder.

You have worked much, and bring in a little
You eat, but you don't have enough
You drink, but you are not filled with drink
You are clothed, but not enough to stay warm
You earn wages, but you place your earnings into a bag with holes
Thus the Lord of hosts says, "Consider your Ways.”
    (Haggai 1: 6,7 in my words)

      I've been there!  Never make enough!  Never enough for groceries!  Never satisfied! Yes, I've let my earnings and time flow on waste through those holes in the bag!  Yes, I've been there.  At the same time, I wonder how much of my thoughts are focused on God's will versus concerns over who is politically correct.  As I had these thoughts, I stop and pray.  I look back at what I have done and what I wanted to accomplish.  Many things have happened this last year which has taken me away from reading good novels and relaxing.  I have gotten so busy, I have failed to find that perfect moment with God.  

     Reading and praying daily does not equal that perfect moment with God.  My journal is full of thoughts from the Bible, and my prayer list is long.  I've been in the Bible.  I've been on my knees praying for our missionaries, the sick, our youth, our nation, and my church.  I believe God has answered my prayers.  This isn't enough.  I want what I had before this pandemic and my life became busy helping.  I have no regrets; but I need the Holy Spirit and that moment with God.

     With these thoughts running through me as I prepared to leave for my doctor's appointment this morning, I picked up the Bible Study book which is part of a study for September to read while waiting.  The first page had Psalm 46:10 in bold.  "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD;  I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS, I WILL BE EXALTED IN ALL THE EARTH."

     Be still.  Find that place and time where I can be still without thinking about what needs to be done today or tomorrow.  I've been there before.  I will be there again.  I desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit like before.  It starts with repentance and placing everything aside for that perfect moment with God where I can consider my ways and begin a new path each day in harmony with God's will.  

    Now, with these thoughts, all my beginning questions have been answered by considering my ways.  I've taken these thoughts and concerns to the Lord.  Over the next weeks, I'll start considering my thoughts and actions.  I'll find that moment each day with God giving Him my whole being.  Prayerfully, I'll consider my ways as I give all to Jesus.


"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts."  (Jeremiah 15:16)                                                                                                                                                     

                                    

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY