Love One Another As I Have Loved You
In just a few hours, Jesus will be arrested. Jesus' last words to his disciples will probably stay with them forever. Among those words, he repeats the word love over and over and over and over. As I consider Jesus' last words before he was arrested, I am convinced he wants all of us to love one another as he loves us. His love was so great that he was willing to die for us. On the night before his arrest, he repeated his commandment over and over. He wanted them to love one another as he loved them. Below are Jesus' love message to them.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give you, that you love one another as I have loved you, that you love one another.
John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, but by me.
John 14:21 He that has my commandments keeps them; it is he who loves me; he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will manifest myself to him.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 15:7-10 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified that you bear much fruit, so shall you be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; continue in my love. If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
John 15:12-19 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends; you are my friends if you do whatsoever, I command you. I have called you friends; all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known to you. You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit and that fruit should remain; that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may it to you. These things I command you to love one another. The world will hate you because I have chosen you out of the world.
John 16:27-28 For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; again, I leave the world and go to the Father.
If you have read this far, I hope you understand how much you are loved - Jesus came because he loves you. Jesus made the greatest sacrifice because he loved you. Jesus forgives, because he loves you. There is no greater peace than to abide in God covered in God's great love. All you have to do is believe.
As Jesus asked the disciples in John 16:31, "Do you now believe?"
God loved you so much that He sent His only Son so you can have everlasting life. It is now time to share God's love loving one another.
Comments
Post a Comment