Faith and Hope with God's Grace
Lately, I thank God every morning for his wonderful grace. God has given me another day and another opportunity to live in the footsteps of Jesus. Instead of looking at the actions of others, I concentrate more on what I can do to show the way to God. Again, it isn't about theology or concerns with the end of the world. For me, I want to be more like Paul striving to let those in my path know that Jesus, the Son of God, died on the cross for all our sins. Jesus died, arose from the dead, and resurrected into Heaven giving us hope for a better life through our faith in our living God.
"For by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God. Not of works lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
This is the verse that comes to my mind when I think about God's grace and my salvation. I memorized this verse as a child. It has stayed with me reminding me that I am saved by God's love and grace. It isn't because of the years teaching and volunteering with young people. It isn't because I give time to visit shut-ins. It isn't because I tithe and support mission programs. It isn't because I have done good works. I have a home waiting for me in Heaven because of God's grace. I repented of my sins and opened my heart and soul to God. I belong to God.
"Therefore, being justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1,2
It isn't the good works. I am justified by my faith in God through his wonderful forgiving grace. We can all rejoice in any situation because of the hope we can have in our lives to follow and serve God. Yes, we can rejoice in our hope because we can be confident that God will be with us in every situation - good and bad.
Whether good times or hard times, there will be temptations, because we live in a sinful world. When those temptations come, we have to choose the path we will take. For me, I find that when I am praying and seeking God by staying in the gospel which reminds me to follow the light. Temptations come. Satan is at work. When temptations come, choose to walk away and seek God through prayer and hiding His Words in your hearts.
Romans 5: 21 reminds us 'that as sin has reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ.' Then, in Romans 6:4, 'Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.' Now, as temptations come our way, let's stop and remember that we are to 'walk in newness of life' following Jesus with faith knowing He will give us the strength and knowledge to walk away to avoid or defeat those temptations.
As Paul wrote in Romans 6, Christ defeated death giving us great hope because of our faith.
"For sin shall not have dominion over you; for you are not under the law, but under grace." (6)
"Now being made free from sin and become servants to God; you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (22,23)
With God's grace, I live. I live with faith knowing God hears my every prayer. My hope is for all my family to know God as I know Him. My faith gives me confidence that my prayers will be answered. My prayer right now is that if you don't have a relationship with God, that you will understand that God loves you and by God's grace, he will forgive all your sins and accept you into His Kingdom.
(I love reading Paul's letters. Please read the book of Romans. Paul's words to the Romans will show you the way to following God. Pray. Believe. Learn all about God's grace.)
Comments
Post a Comment