Miriam Morris Sunday School Class - 3 January 2016
I’m excited to be with the Miriam Morris Sunday School Class
today. This class is made of mostly senior
ladies and widows who have served as Sunday School teachers, pianist, vocalist,
choir members, and youth leaders. Many
have organized and planned Bible School programs, youth activities, baby
showers, bridal showers, meals for special occasions, and mission
projects. They have been my teachers and
my inspiration.
Each Sunday they begin class with prayer request. Then, before the opening prayer, they pray
together, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit
within me.” (Psalms 51:10) They faithfully pray this verse every Sunday
as they prepare to open God’s Word and have their weekly lesson. They extend a prayerful spirit into the
lesson.
Did I mention that I will be teaching the lesson? I love it.
They don’t need a teacher as most of them share what the lesson means to
them. There is more wisdom in this classroom than
any other. I look forward to Aunt
Juliette sharing the commentary or notes from her Bible, Mrs. Blank adding
details not in lesson book, Mrs. Libby sharing applications, and Mrs. Lois Ann
reading something she has come across that goes with lesson. They all spend the week preparing lesson as
any good teacher does. You see, it is a
class of teachers still faithfully studying God’s Word and preparing their
hearts for worship.
When you go to your prayer closets this week, start by
preparing your hearts, souls, and minds by praying Psalms 51:10.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast
spirit within me.”
Comments
Post a Comment