My Spirit Is Lifted



Drained…  Tired….  Ready for lots of sleep and don’t think I can make another day. 

Yes.  This was me last night.

A busy month and a fun busy weekend left me tired and drained.  I did not volunteer for Bible School because I knew that I would be too tired and I’m working on Bible Lessons for camp.  I did not feel like I could do it.  Then, here comes the organizers with “We are short two teachers.  Will you teach a class?”  I couldn’t say “No.”  So, regretfully I replied, “Yes.”    This is just the way I felt.  Yes, there was regret, because we have plenty of younger adults that could do this. 

When I received the material, I had one week to study.  I like to study and prepare for a few weeks, not one.  Plus, I received material on Sunday.  Memorial Day was spent cleaning my house and getting ready for my daughters’ families visit.  I don’t see them enough, and I wanted to have everything ready for their visit.  After work on Tuesday, I had to get all grocery shopping done for the weekend, because they were all coming in on Wednesday night.  I was left with one hour of study on Monday, and I stayed up late Tuesday studying the material.  I still did not have time to look at all the lessons. 

Oh!  The material has the lessons in the form of skits with two teachers.  I’m one teacher, so I have to come up with way to make the material to work with just me in the class with the students.  Did I need more stress?  Stress!  Teachers are supposed to decorate their room.  When and how will I get to it!  Don’t get the wrong idea.  I did not share my feelings about the material.  Usually, I’m a person that likes a challenge, but this was too much for me.   When and how will I get this all done during a week where there is no time?

Luckily, on Friday afternoon, Wesley and Jeremiah go with me to help decorate while the smaller children sleep.  The room was decorated.  Well, I wasn’t sure as the rooms were not labeled, but I did not decorate.  However, it was there in the back of my mind, “what if this is not my room that is decorated?”  

Sunday morning, I get up early to prepare lunch for my family.  I love cooking and having my family together, and what better way than sharing a meal together after church on Sunday.  So, I have every detail planned for the preparation and it worked out perfect.  We went to church and enjoyed some time together before everyone left for home.  I cherish time with my family, and since it is so little time, I try to make the best of every minute.  While Aaron and Pam had an afternoon meeting on line with boys’ swim teams, I played games with the children.  It was an interesting game with Autumn Rose playing her own game of Monopoly while the rest of us played with another Monopoly board.  The meeting lasted longer than planned.   So, I left before my daughter’s family for Bible School (Yes, I left without reviewing lesson.)   Bible School went fine.  My class is perfect with precious 1st graders.  I got home around 9:15 PM and studied for Monday’s lesson until 11 PM.  I sent message to my daughter to see if they were home.  No, they were almost to Chattanooga with close to an hour and half more on the road.  However, all was well and I prayed leaving all in God’s hands.

Today, I was tired.  I returned to work and had to catch up on what did not get done while I was out.  Then, there are always emergencies, orders changing, and something someone thinks has to be done immediately.   Around 4:30 PM, found that we had air freight in Atlanta since May 28.  I never received shipping documents and neither did our broker nor our compliance department.  Freight was not filed on our MDI file, so there were no documents to search.  So, I leave work at 5:15 PM.  I did not feel like I could do it.  I felt drained of all energy.  My thoughts, “I can’t do this anymore.” 

I prayed. 

“O Gracious Heavenly Father, lift me up as I’m with the children tonight.  Help me to show your love and share your Word in a way they will learn how to do a “Check UP” on their hearts.  And, O Lord, help me to examine my heart, so tonight will be for your glory.”

Did I say Bible School starts at 5:30 PM?  I was picking up a few kids.  We all made it before 6 PM.  Then, the first thing we had was the awards table and it took longer than it should.  I should have stressed, but snack time could be cut short.  No stress yet.  Then, in the classroom, the nine soon to be 2nd graders were perfect.  We explored, we discussed, we read, and we concluded our Heart Checkup.  We sang with smiles, clapping our hands and rejoicing. 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.”  Proverbs 3: 5-6

This was the memory work and Mrs. Frankie made it fun with her cool glasses and music.  Playtime and craft time went by too fast.  I arrived home lifted up with more energy than I had at 5:15 PM.  God heard my cry, lifted me up, and directed me on a good path tonight with nine precious blessings.

I’m ready for tomorrow and looking forward to spending another night with my class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY