Overwhelmed by Fear: Trust in God
"Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me." Psalms 55:5
Have you been there?
Do you let fear control your thoughts and actions?
In times like these, I see people living in fear of a virus, and I see people who think of the virus as something created by the government to control our lives. Weird world we live within.
Then sometimes, we let that hidden fault within us seep out and control our every thought. You know, that person with all the traditions and life is all about them and their traditions - heck with everyone else - their tradition must continue. Yes, when my children were young, we had traditions, but I believe when they leave home and start a family, it is up to them to create their family traditions not me. Also, I don't want to imprison my family with traditions. Maybe, I'm wrong. So, in times like these, where we have a virus with no cure in the world, I feel we should respect others, protect each other from virus, and don't rush to make it about traditions.
For me, there is an answer. Love. I'm responsible for my actions, and I want to love all those who don't agree with me and not be disdained with their "me" and "my" outlook. I don't want fear to control me. In times like these, "Oh! that I have wings like a dove! So, I can fly away, and be at rest." (Psalms 55:6)
Now, as I read Psalms 55 this morning, I can find peace and light in God's words speaking to my heart. Even when I feel lonely and used, I'm confident I'm in God's plan. Even when I feel unappreciated, I know I'm loved. I love those hugs and delight in my little ones' eyes.
"But it was you, mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company." Psalms 55:13,14
It is disappointing when someone you love and trust from your church attacks you for simply helping. Ever live in fear of losing contact with your loved one because of such a person. As Christians, we are to build up and encourage each other. However, we are to pull aside the one who strays and lead them back to God. A friend did this, then was cut off from the family. What if, they do this to me. This is my fear.
"The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords." (Psalms 55:21)
Yet, they say all the right things to your face, then they strike you down as you walk away. Yet, this does happen within the church. The young person striking out boldly winning souls, then to be put down for who they reach. The one with the drive for missions, but ignored and called fanatic. One of two things will happen to the young person, quit or move on letting their words slide away. I'm thankful for those who move on with the work of God. I'm thankful for the lives they touched. They continued God's work.
In the end, I give my fear to God.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain you; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalms 55:22
In times like these, cast your burdens on God. Let your trust be in God. Then, as you travel in this evil and crazy world, you can find moments of peace. Find peace in worship today. Draw near to God. Like the dove, fly into the arms of God in spirit with all your soul and mind where you can find peace.
Now, on this Sunday morning, I've given my fear to God. No matter what happens in times like these, I will proclaim to my God and Savoir, "I will trust in you." (Psalms 55:23)
Comments
Post a Comment