Proverbs: The Simple, The Scorner, The Prudent
During the last four presidential elections, I was dismayed with what people will believe. They don't like the candidate, so they make the decision to believe every lie and spread it on social media. After the first go round, I stopped posting anything. Someone told me concerning a false post, "She is a good Christian and would not post anything that isn't true." Well, she did. I chose not to argue, but I do wonder what will happen next and consider the consequences many will suffer.
While reading Proverbs 14, I see the scorner, the prudent, fools, the simple, and understanding. After reading through, verse 12 stands out: 'There is a way which seems right to man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.' The scorner, the prudent, the fool, and the simple consider their way to be the right way. Is it?
Is it our responsibility to dwell on anything more than we dwell on God's will and purpose? I remind myself everyday. As a Christian, my purpose is to be a witness in my actions and life style. My purpose is to show God's love and win souls. As a Christian, I should not show more adoration to a politician or anyone else than I show to my God. Shouldn't we seek God's will and not get caught up in the drama of an election or pandemic? The answer for me is not to dwell on anything more than I dwell on God's purpose in my life.
Dear brother or sister in Christ, where are you? Are you checking the facts or choosing to believe and dwell on the words of a scientist who has been stripped of their license to practice due to using methods proven to harm people? Do you let your strong feeling about wearing a mask control you more than you let God control you? Are you fact checking information before sharing it with the world? Do you consider how your actions may hurt your testimony as a Christian?
Yes, you may consider these too many questions, but we do need to step away to a quiet place where we can examine ourselves. Our responsibility isn't to save a person's physical body. We should leave such decisions to the person and their doctor. Our responsibility is to be prudent and wise concerning our faith and witness.
Does your actions place you under the Simple, the Scorner, or the Prudent?
Proverbs 14:5-10: 'A scorner seeks wisdom, and doesn't find it; but knowledge is easy unto him who understands. Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you don't perceive in him the lips of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way; but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favor. The heart knows his own bitterness; and a stranger does not intermeddle with his joy.'
Proverbs 14:15: 'The simple believes every word: but the prudent man looks well to his going.'
Proverbs 14:18 'The simple inherit folly; but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.'
Proverbs 14:25 'A true witness delivers souls; but a deceitful witness speaks lies.'
Proverbs 14:33 ' Wisdom rests in the heart of him that has understanding; but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.'
Comments
Post a Comment