Believe in the Light

 

As Jesus entered Jerusalem the last time, many came to see the man who raised Lazarus from the dead. They welcomed Jesus as he entered riding a donkey. He had told his followers that he will be lifted up, but they did not understand. Most did not believe it. Plus, the Pharisees were still seeking to have Jesus arrested.

Yet, some of the rulers in the temple believed. "Nevertheless, among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue. For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God." (John 12:41-43) They knew the truth, but they would not claim the truth. They believed, yet they followed the crowd who did not believe. They were staying in the dark.

We all find ourselves in situations where we know the truth, but the crowd believes a lie. They call it their truth. A preacher teaching a false doctrine; you know better and stay quiet. A history professor teaches the history of a country from his biased beliefs instead of facts. An officer of our country made a bad decision, and since everyone else sees no harm, you simply go along because you don't want to be different. You know things are wrong, but you appear to agree. You are choosing darkness over light.

Choices. Do you choose to believe? Do you choose darkness over light? Do you let others know that you believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? Do you choose to live a life reflecting the Light of Life coming from our Savoir? 

Jesus summarized his message to all that were following him:                                           "He that believes on me, believes not on me, but him that sent me. And he that sees me sees him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness. If any man hears my words, and believe not, I judge him not; for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one who judges him; the word that I have spoken  the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself, but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, I speak." John 12: 44-50

Jesus obeyed the commandments of God the Father. Jesus came to be lifted up on the cross for the sins of the world. Through Jesus, the light of the world, we can have the promise of everlasting life by believing and letting the light of Jesus shine in our lives. This Light will never go out; it is an eternal light. 

Stop waiting. Stop following the crowd. Stop hiding. Believe in the Light and let the world know. Believe and be a child of the Light.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY