WHAT IF!

 

WHAT IF!

One day last week while praying, I stopped. 

As I was praying, I said, "If only." 

I stopped and wondered about what was I thinking. Where was my faith? Was my faith so small that as I prayed those words were used: If only? Was I doubting God? Or, was I doubting myself and others?

What are our 'if only' moments?

If only:

She had listened to sound advise
He had controlled his anger
I have listened to sound advise
She could be on time
He did not follow the crowd 
I paid more attention to others

Things from the past can't be undone. We need to move forward in faith. Instead of "if only" considering a past action, shouldn't I move on in faith. We are called to repent, forgive, and love. The past actions may have been wrong, but we can move on with repentance, forgiveness, and covered in God's love. 

Dwelling on the past and wondering 'if only' is like being tossed in the sea with no control - no faith. 

"But let him ask in faith with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:6 

Was I doubting God? My prayer changed to repentance. I couldn't continue without taking it to God and examining my thoughts. No, I was not doubting God. Things we do have consequences. Things our loved ones do have consequences. Everything in life has a domino effect. It is up to us to have faith that God will lead our paths if we stay grounded in His love. 

As David prayed in Psalms 36:5, "Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds." 

Put away your doubts, because God loves you and is faithful to hear your prayers, forgives you, and lifts you up out the waves of doubt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY