CHANGE STARTS WITH ME
February 26, 2016
Franklin Graham’s ‘Decision America Tour’ is the reason I’ve
chosen to pray daily for our nation, our president, our leaders, the elections,
my pastors, my state, and my home town during lent. My eyes are being opened to what I need to
be doing. Purpose driven prayer is
bringing me closer to God, and I’m realizing that prayer is the beginning, the
first step. In order for our nation to
turn back to God, I must start witnessing and be constantly prepared to talk to
people about Jesus. In order to be
prepared, I need to study the scriptures, memorize more scripture, and make a
commitment to serve. My daily prayer has
opened my heart to make a change in my life, because change in our nation
starts with each individual making a decision to serve.
In Hawaii, college students organized prayer meetings for
the ‘Decision America Tour.’ In “‘It Starts With Me’: Youth in Hawaii Lead by Example
at Prayer Rally” article by Tiffany Jothan (http://billygraham.org/story/it-starts-with-me-youth-in-hawaii-lead-by-example/),
she writes about college students being inspired to pray and get involved in
politics. The theme, ‘It Starts with Me”
should be theme for all of us as we pray for change in America. Change starts with ‘me’. I have to follow God’s call to live better, serve
more, and share the gospel. It is time
to get out of the chair and get involved.
It starts with me.
My challenge to anyone
reading my blog is to do your part to turn America back to a Christian nation. First step is making a decision to purposely
make specific time to pray for our nation.
Don’t pray in a hurry, but find a quiet spot where you can meditate and
purposely pray for our nation to come back to God. Pray for specific people, President Obama,
John Kerry, Joe Biden, members of Congress, and the Supreme Court. Then, pray for your state and local
government officials. . Pray for each presidential candidate and
wisdom when you vote. As God speaks to
your heart, pray as He leads you. Second
step, you will want more spiritual food.
My devotions and Bible study took on a new meaning as God opened my
eyes. Rev. Walls’ Wednesday night study
of the gospel of John showed me how the human spirit can be spiritually blind
and self-righteous. I examined my heart
and my attitude and asked God’s forgiveness.
Third step, make a commitment to serve and purposely take action. I’ve been praying for a ‘servant heart.’ It starts with me changing and taking
action. Only, ‘we the people’ can make
America great again through prayer, change, and witnessing.
Comments
Post a Comment