Honestly, if I retire, I'll still be busy.
I have lots in my head to blog, but by the time I get everything else done, it's bedtime.
I work full time at a busy job. Alright, here it is. I'm just an admin staff and never wanted more. A few years ago our manager signed me up for a few classes in management. He threw out a few hints right before an account rep position was open. Did I tell you I can be naïve? Maybe, I should say that I can be clueless at times. Bless his heart, he had to come out and verbally suggest that I apply. I was flattered, but I did not want the responsibility. I enjoy all the young adults in my office because they are smart with great minds. Plus, I always liked being the supporter and director of the leader.
Other than my job, I come home and have grass to cut, yard to keep up, house work, and my projects. Always, I have too many projects. First, I plan lessons for two children's church classes and recruit volunteers for our children's church ministry. Our church is blessed with lots of children and lots of good volunteers. If you ever are traveling through Turbeville, South Carolina on a Sunday morning, please stop and visit us at the Southern Methodist Church. Second, I diligently study and prepare a Sunday School lesson for the senior ladies class. I'm the substitute teacher, but this is something I enjoy. I was the teacher, but there was another need. Every morning, I get up to study a portion of the material and have my morning prayer time. By the way, I don't attend the class because I've volunteered to help with the Toddler Class. I miss the dear ladies but there is nothing that can compete with nine to thirteen toddlers sitting in my lap, reading books, and using my legs for a sliding board. Oh, and I love the hugs and demands to sing. Third, I'm involved in the ministry of the Woman's Missionary Society. Let's see, we have started planning next teen girls retreat for next Spring. I love the opportunity to encourage young ladies. Since I'm an officer on the council level, I have meetings. In the end, the most important and most loved of the things I do is being with my children and grandchildren. I'll help them in anyway I can. I have the most beautiful ten grandchildren. They are all smart. Then, there are my favorite nieces and nephew. Then, there are my sisters, brothers, cousins, and friends. Honestly, if I retire, I'll still be busy.
There are other projects. One I must finish by June 1 is to have all four lessons planned for the week at Camp S&M. This will be my third year volunteering a week at youth camp. I love it. This year they have asked me to do the Bible program in the afternoons. I wanted to look for material that went with the theme, but God was leading me to write my own. Over the years, I've written my own lessons. Usually, after reading a book or Bible Study and praying, God leads me; I simply follow. It works. The person doing the night program shared what they were using, and God is good. My lessons are on the same theme but with more missions. I will be preparing the youth for the nights lessons and God will do the rest. And, I have one more project. It is a secret birthday surprise for someone special. So, I'm not sharing.
Busy. I don't mind. And, I do have subjects for my blog, but they will wait.
I work full time at a busy job. Alright, here it is. I'm just an admin staff and never wanted more. A few years ago our manager signed me up for a few classes in management. He threw out a few hints right before an account rep position was open. Did I tell you I can be naïve? Maybe, I should say that I can be clueless at times. Bless his heart, he had to come out and verbally suggest that I apply. I was flattered, but I did not want the responsibility. I enjoy all the young adults in my office because they are smart with great minds. Plus, I always liked being the supporter and director of the leader.
Other than my job, I come home and have grass to cut, yard to keep up, house work, and my projects. Always, I have too many projects. First, I plan lessons for two children's church classes and recruit volunteers for our children's church ministry. Our church is blessed with lots of children and lots of good volunteers. If you ever are traveling through Turbeville, South Carolina on a Sunday morning, please stop and visit us at the Southern Methodist Church. Second, I diligently study and prepare a Sunday School lesson for the senior ladies class. I'm the substitute teacher, but this is something I enjoy. I was the teacher, but there was another need. Every morning, I get up to study a portion of the material and have my morning prayer time. By the way, I don't attend the class because I've volunteered to help with the Toddler Class. I miss the dear ladies but there is nothing that can compete with nine to thirteen toddlers sitting in my lap, reading books, and using my legs for a sliding board. Oh, and I love the hugs and demands to sing. Third, I'm involved in the ministry of the Woman's Missionary Society. Let's see, we have started planning next teen girls retreat for next Spring. I love the opportunity to encourage young ladies. Since I'm an officer on the council level, I have meetings. In the end, the most important and most loved of the things I do is being with my children and grandchildren. I'll help them in anyway I can. I have the most beautiful ten grandchildren. They are all smart. Then, there are my favorite nieces and nephew. Then, there are my sisters, brothers, cousins, and friends. Honestly, if I retire, I'll still be busy.
There are other projects. One I must finish by June 1 is to have all four lessons planned for the week at Camp S&M. This will be my third year volunteering a week at youth camp. I love it. This year they have asked me to do the Bible program in the afternoons. I wanted to look for material that went with the theme, but God was leading me to write my own. Over the years, I've written my own lessons. Usually, after reading a book or Bible Study and praying, God leads me; I simply follow. It works. The person doing the night program shared what they were using, and God is good. My lessons are on the same theme but with more missions. I will be preparing the youth for the nights lessons and God will do the rest. And, I have one more project. It is a secret birthday surprise for someone special. So, I'm not sharing.
Busy. I don't mind. And, I do have subjects for my blog, but they will wait.
Comments
Post a Comment