The End of the Fridge Tale

     Anyone who had never had to depend on anyone for anything, it is hard to ask for help.  As for me, Kevin would fix things or find someone to fix things, so it was never my worry.  Over the years, I've admired women who could do their own plumbing, fix appliances, and take care of their cars.  Most of them did it because they had no choice.  Either their husbands passed away or left them for another woman, so they were left to do things for themselves along with raising children.  So, whether it is because one can no longer handle fix it jobs or someone like me who had a good husband to take care of the fix it jobs, it is hard to ask for help.  This is where I found myself with my fridge.
      If you have read older posts, the ridiculous tale of fridge sitting in the middle of the kitchen waiting for parts to fix the ice maker and water system.  Believe me, Sears is not any help.  All they do is let you know that the job will not be less than $120.00 even if you have the part to be installed.  They even throw in an offer to purchase a $297.00 warranty so there would be no charges.  Sears, thank you but I got it done for $70.00.  There was my anxiety of getting it done.  There was the self pity job and tears.  Did I say ridiculous?  Yes, it was ridiculous because I made a lot over something I could have done without.  I do have ice trays.  However, it was about getting it fixed and I felt so alone.
     After purchasing the fourth part (others returned), it still was not right.  I went to Sears web to complete return form on the part.  It warned that this was the right part and there were no other replacement parts.  Since man at appliance parts place told me that LG made Kenmore parts, I decided to check out LG on the internet.  By doing this, I found video on how to install the part that Sears sent to me.  The video explained that the part was not for my fridge as shipped, and it showed how to make it the part for my fridge.  Now, I was determined to check it out to see if it was the right part.
      After listening to the video, I listened a second time making notes.  Then, I ran down the stairs to see if I could get this done.  The part came apart and now looked like the part I removed, but it still had different wires.  The only way to see if I could make the wires work is to investigate.  I had to get the fridge pulled out.  It is not a small thing.  It has bottom freezer and double doors.  It would not budge.  Rope!  Mark has this rope that he uses when he plays with Woody (Toy Story Woody).  I run to toy box, work the rope around the back of the fridge (it took a few tries), and pulled.  With a little wiggling, pulling, and inching out, the fridge moved.  I crawled behind the fridge with flashlight and check for how the wires might match.  Yeah!  (Luke's type of Yeah!)  The wires pulled out and everything looked like the part was perfect.  In case I got stuck, I texted Patrick and David.  I knew David was in town.  He was my fix it guy until he moved to Wilmington.  I wanted to let someone know that I was behind the fridge.  Yes, I was not sure of myself.  The wires plugged in perfectly after ten minutes of turning and getting in flat position, so I could look up into back of fridge at the sockets from the bottom.  I got tube in place and confirmed it was sealed just like the video instructed.  Then, the doorbell rang.  I wiggled out and went to door to see Emmie, David, and family.  They had just got on road to go home and came to rescue me.  It feels good to be rescued.  I let David finish the job.  He attached the last tube and he tested for water leaks.  I'll probably check again myself in a few weeks.  I have water in my fridge door and ice maker is working.  YEAH.
      As David left, he told me to let him know when I need something fixed.   He would have fixed earlier if he knew.  Yes, there is my problem.  I need to ask.  Still, I don't know if I can next time.  It is the independent me.  I see this in Aunt Felicia (86 years old) who does the same.  What is wrong with us? 

"Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, And He brought them out of their distresses. He caused the storm to be still, So that the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad because they were quiet, So He guided them to their desired haven"  Psalms 107:28-30

My prayer, Most Gracious Heavenly Father, give me peace and calm.  Show me the way to change and seek aid in time of need.   Give me the grace and good mind to see things your way. Thank you for You Tube.  Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY