What Does God Require of You? Trust Him and Honor Him
In our daily walk and prayer life, we should consider what
God requires of us. What does God
require of me to do? In Deuteronomy
10:12 and 13, Moses asks this very question, “And now, Israel, what does the
Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His
ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with
all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which
I command you today for your good?”
As I read these verses, I see Moses using a technique I use
in teaching children including the answers within the question. Our own good God wants us to respect and
trust Him, to show God in us in our daily walk, to love Him, to serve Him with
all our heart and soul, and to keep the commandments and laws of God.
First on the list is “fear the Lord your God.” In this context, “fear” means to respect,
honor, and trust. In regards to my own
father, the farmer, I had great honor and respect for him. He provided my needs and he lovingly trained
me through his example of living. Growing
up on a farm with an earthly father who loved and trusted God, I witnessed the
power and grace of God.
Look at God’s creation.
I am always in awe of the majesty of sunrise, the crowning beauty of
mountains in any season, the roaring waves of the oceans, the stillness of a
lake at sunset, and all living creatures.
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) Our God, the creator of heaven and earth, is
a sovereign God who knows all, and I trust and honor Him in all situations.
“How
great is your goodness,
Which
You have stored up for those who fear You,
Which
You have wrought for those who take refuge in You,
Before
the sons of men!
You
hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man;
You
keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues.
Blessed
be the Lord,
For
He has made marvelous His lovingkindness to me in a besieged city.”
Psalms
31:19-21
Comments
Post a Comment