Just Let the Anger Go
Since last November, I’ve
seen mainstream media go mad. I listen
as the reporters steam over our president.
Many are mad and sulking and others aim to make sure the president is
impeached. Honestly, I’ve thought all
along that Trump’s mouth will get him in trouble and impeached. As a citizen of the United States, I respect
the office of the President of the United States and have confidence in our
branches of government, and I’m disappointed at the anger brewing each day out
of the left and the media.
Yes, I see their contempt coming from losing the election and a growing anger. With these thoughts, I’ve searched the web for consequences of long term anger, and I’ve searched the scriptures to find what God has to say about anger. Without question, a liberal atheist (after a few jokes) will be the first to remind me that my God gets angry. Yes, the scripture does mention God’s wrath and his anger, but God is slow to anger and does not want to destroy anyone. There are many verses, but Psalms 145:8 explains it well with “The Lord is gracious and merciful; Slow to anger and great in loving kindness." My God is a loving God, not an angry God. Then, what about anger? What does it do to the mind and body?
Anger is a strong emotion, a feeling of displeasure. I know about anger. I never did think I could get so emotionally angry until someone messed with one of my children. There is nothing worse than a woman’s scorn or a mother whose child has been unjustly hurt. I was shocked with my feelings. I had to draw back and cool down. Anger is an emotion that can bring hostility or either something good. In I Samuel 11:6, “The Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard the news, and his anger was kindled greatly.” King Saul heard about a threat to his homeland, and God used Saul’s anger to bring together a large army to defeat the enemy. Read I Samuel 11 for all the details. Anger causes the adrenalin to flow, muscles to tense, and blood pressure to rise. One can have a burst of energy and strength. In Saul’s case, he killed 23 oxen, recruited a large army, and drove the enemy out of his country. However, later in Saul’s life, his jealousy and hate of David brought enough anger that he threw a spear at his son. (I Samuel 20:33) There was no longer good coming from the anger of Saul. Jealousy, hate, and anger made Saul a bitter and ruthless ruler. Saul’s anger was not bringing good for the country, but it was separating him from his son and his countrymen. In the long term, holding onto anger destroys.
Anger, I can fill this page with proverbs I’ve listed about angers’ destructive path, but I will not. I will say that I’m praying that the media will let go of the anger they hold against President Trump. I see this anger bringing them to report gossip “from an unnamed source.” They want President Trump impeached so badly that each day that passes with him still in the White House, their anger grows. Growing with anger they reach for more to announce to the people. I’ve turned it off. I don’t want to hear “information from an unnamed source.” I want actual facts and real news. I want to hear what is going on in the world. What is happening in the Philippines, Venezuela, Syria, or Iraq? What is happening across our country? What is happening in the Senate and House of Representatives? Just let go of the anger.
Proverbs 15:18 “A wrathful man stirs up
trouble: but he that is slow to anger makes peace.”Yes, I see their contempt coming from losing the election and a growing anger. With these thoughts, I’ve searched the web for consequences of long term anger, and I’ve searched the scriptures to find what God has to say about anger. Without question, a liberal atheist (after a few jokes) will be the first to remind me that my God gets angry. Yes, the scripture does mention God’s wrath and his anger, but God is slow to anger and does not want to destroy anyone. There are many verses, but Psalms 145:8 explains it well with “The Lord is gracious and merciful; Slow to anger and great in loving kindness." My God is a loving God, not an angry God. Then, what about anger? What does it do to the mind and body?
Anger is a strong emotion, a feeling of displeasure. I know about anger. I never did think I could get so emotionally angry until someone messed with one of my children. There is nothing worse than a woman’s scorn or a mother whose child has been unjustly hurt. I was shocked with my feelings. I had to draw back and cool down. Anger is an emotion that can bring hostility or either something good. In I Samuel 11:6, “The Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard the news, and his anger was kindled greatly.” King Saul heard about a threat to his homeland, and God used Saul’s anger to bring together a large army to defeat the enemy. Read I Samuel 11 for all the details. Anger causes the adrenalin to flow, muscles to tense, and blood pressure to rise. One can have a burst of energy and strength. In Saul’s case, he killed 23 oxen, recruited a large army, and drove the enemy out of his country. However, later in Saul’s life, his jealousy and hate of David brought enough anger that he threw a spear at his son. (I Samuel 20:33) There was no longer good coming from the anger of Saul. Jealousy, hate, and anger made Saul a bitter and ruthless ruler. Saul’s anger was not bringing good for the country, but it was separating him from his son and his countrymen. In the long term, holding onto anger destroys.
Anger, I can fill this page with proverbs I’ve listed about angers’ destructive path, but I will not. I will say that I’m praying that the media will let go of the anger they hold against President Trump. I see this anger bringing them to report gossip “from an unnamed source.” They want President Trump impeached so badly that each day that passes with him still in the White House, their anger grows. Growing with anger they reach for more to announce to the people. I’ve turned it off. I don’t want to hear “information from an unnamed source.” I want actual facts and real news. I want to hear what is going on in the world. What is happening in the Philippines, Venezuela, Syria, or Iraq? What is happening across our country? What is happening in the Senate and House of Representatives? Just let go of the anger.
Comments
Post a Comment