Young Mothers: There is no normal.
At this moment, I’m reminded what it is like to be a young
mother. It is easy to overlook that
there is no normal. There is so much to
do in each day with a husband, children, and home to keep in order. I was lucky.
My dear husband came home every day and kept to my “schedule.” You see, I have this thing of “Nice and Neat.” Yes, the floors were cleaned every night
before I went to bed. I don’t like clutter,
just “nice and neat.” So, every
afternoon when Kevin arrived home from work, the children acted like they haven’t
seen him in years. Really! The waiting and anticipation with the joy of
his arrival every day! Daddies are pop
stars in the eyes of their children.
Then, we always had supper at 6, and we always ate at the table. Supper was a time to talk with the children,
listen, and advice. Then, Kevin cleaned
the kitchen while I got the children ready for bed. This
way, we would have the evening for us.
However, there was a lot of work to do each day with three to five children
in our home every day before Kevin walked into the house with three adoring
children excited to see Daddy.
At this moment, I’m
taking a break to let Roxy (family dog) in the house. You see, as I checked all the doors tonight
at my daughter’s home, I realized the kennel was empty. Where was Roxy? Well, I found her. She was sleeping on the floor in the
den. I woke her up and let her out to
take care of business, and it is time to let her in.
Now, that Roxy is
in her kennel, let me finish why I appreciate young mothers. They are super heroes! They are supervisors, managers, and CEOs
wrapped into one package. They keep the
home In order by managing a schedule, joggling the activities (and timing) of
the children, acting as truant officer
on occasion, negotiating between opposing parties to solve an issue, listening
sometimes and advising other times, and taking time to play and laugh. So, ask any mother what is a normal day, and
the answer most likely may be, “There is no normal.”Message to Pam and Aaron: Everything is going great! The boys are very helpful with the girls and me. I’m enjoying every minute. My favorite time is at night. I get to read to the girls, pray with them, and get goodnight kisses. Then, I get to enjoy a few hours of games with the boys and listen to their thoughts and stories. Even though I feel there is no normal each day, I’m wishing that the week was a little longer. I love my perfectly beautiful grandchildren.
Comments
Post a Comment