What's in a Heart?

I was asked for a poem.  As I flipped through my notebook of poems I've written over the years, I decided to post a few of them here.  Each poem has a story or expresses an emotion I had at the time of writing.  One of my frustrations over the years with churches is man's laws.  Laws established due to prejudice, hate, pride, or plain ignorance.  Below is one of those short poems scribbled down to cool my spirit.

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.


What's in a Heart
by
Rose Ellen Kelly

A deacon and man of the church
Is judgmental and prideful.
He goes by the Laws of Man     
With a heart of self indulgence.

Oh, are the hearts of the church
Meek, caring, and loving?
Can we find a pure heart?
Is there a humble heart?

What's in a heart?
A child of God will have
A heart of love
Seeking to please God, not man.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY