Living Faith - With Faith
But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God; for the showing, I say , of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus. (Romans 3:21-26)
Faith is not your works. Faith is your belief, your commitment, and your complete trust. Anyone can commit actions of good works. Please note, faith is more than good works, faith is believing in God and believing salvation comes through God's grace and the redemption which we receive through the blood of Jesus Christ. Faith is committing each day to God, no matter if it is good or disastrous. Faith is trusting God to always have your back and give you the strength to endure anything. With faith we can be confident that God abides within us and fills us with His love.
During the last few days as I consider my faith, I'm reminded that becoming a Christian is not about what I receive physically, emotionally, or the state of my health. The scripture does not promise Christians riches and perfect health. Some use Philippians 4:19 to push a point that we will have all our needs met. My dear friend, this does not say you will have everything you want. Yes, Philippians 4:19 says, "My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Faith does not determine physical and worldly wealth and health. There are Christians who don't know what it is like to have a roof over their heads. There are Christians who have suffered emotionally and physically their entire life. In parts of the world, Christians lose everything they own, because they believe in God. Some lose their lives. You see, our needs are supplied "according to God's riches in glory by Jesus Christ." What is faith if you expect everything in life to be perfect? Look at Paul's words in the previous verses of Philippians 4: "I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (v. 12 & 13) God does promise to give us the strength to endure. However, you must believe and have faith to have this assurance.
With consideration, faith is simply believing and trusting in God. It doesn't matter what each day brings as long as I lean on Jesus, my Savoir. So, my faith gives me hope. Hope knowing that in my living faith, Jesus is always there to pick me up after I fall and always there to lead as I seek to do his will. Living faith, simply it is with daily doses of faith following the will of God.
Comments
Post a Comment