Living Faith
Recently, I finished reading "Margaret Marsh, Safari Servant" written by Genny Waddell, and this life story has challenged me. Challenged me to consider if I'm living by faith. I consider that my life reflects my faith, but while I examine myself, I question if I'm living faith. Shortly after I committed my life to Christ, God opened doors and wonderful things happened. As I have lived in faith, all my needs have been met. I know God is in control. Now, as I sit here and consider Mrs. Marsh's life, I understand more than ever the importance of stepping out in faith. I realize it isn't about money and physical needs. It is about service and obedience to the call to serve.
Each Christian has a special call to serve. We aren't called to sit around just reading through the Bible each year and saying a daily prayer. When Jesus commanded, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel," (Mark 16:15) he was speaking to all who believe. He is calling to every Christian. Imagine! If every church member was faithful to this call, there would be no empty pews. Now, you say, I serve with my talents. I'm a good cook. I'm good teacher. I'm good at cleaning. I'm good with the landscaping of the church. I can fill a page with all the 'talents' we lean on. Yes, we are to use these talents or gifts within our local church. I feel God is asking more of me. Do I have an urgency to make sure everyone knows Jesus? I'm not just talking about giving to missions. Yes, we should all give to the support of our church and those in full time ministry, but we should be asking the question to those in our lives, "Do you know Jesus?"
Since I know Jesus and my faith is in our living God, it is my duty to tell others. The tracts I keep in my purse to share are good. The Bible I keep in my car to share is good. The Bible Study I started in faith is good. Now, I feel there is more to do. There is more to do, but it must be living faith and leading others to have faith and hope in God. Where to start? Where God opens the door. I'm confident that if I commit to making disciples, God will send me people to disciple. This is living faith.
Each Christian has a special call to serve. We aren't called to sit around just reading through the Bible each year and saying a daily prayer. When Jesus commanded, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel," (Mark 16:15) he was speaking to all who believe. He is calling to every Christian. Imagine! If every church member was faithful to this call, there would be no empty pews. Now, you say, I serve with my talents. I'm a good cook. I'm good teacher. I'm good at cleaning. I'm good with the landscaping of the church. I can fill a page with all the 'talents' we lean on. Yes, we are to use these talents or gifts within our local church. I feel God is asking more of me. Do I have an urgency to make sure everyone knows Jesus? I'm not just talking about giving to missions. Yes, we should all give to the support of our church and those in full time ministry, but we should be asking the question to those in our lives, "Do you know Jesus?"
Since I know Jesus and my faith is in our living God, it is my duty to tell others. The tracts I keep in my purse to share are good. The Bible I keep in my car to share is good. The Bible Study I started in faith is good. Now, I feel there is more to do. There is more to do, but it must be living faith and leading others to have faith and hope in God. Where to start? Where God opens the door. I'm confident that if I commit to making disciples, God will send me people to disciple. This is living faith.
Comments
Post a Comment