Blessing God with All My Soul
I'm reading AW Tozer right now. So, some of my thoughts are coming from reading his book. We are like that, us humans. Something is suggested and our mind goes with it. My mind analyzes most everything. At work, my brain automatically starts breaking down what ifs and consequences. In other words, some people call me a procrastinator. In the end, what I'm writing is not completely from who I'm reading as what I've read started me to think a little deeper about why, what, who, and consequences.
My favorite chapter (one of) in the Bible is Psalm 103. I memorized it many years ago. The first verse, "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." My mind, body, and soul went to desiring to bless, praise, and experience God with my whole being. And, I asked the question, "Who is this writer?" It is none other than David, and if you know what is written about David, "he was a man after God's own heart." Why? Because he spent many nights alone with God under the stars. Because he trusted and had faith that God was there to watch over him. Because he experienced God's love and mercy. Because when he sinned (we all sin) he fell on his knees with a contrite and broken heart to ask forgiveness. Yes, we can be that close to God today, because God is there waiting on us to open our hearts, soul, and mind to Him.
Psalms 103 tells of God's redeeming grace, loving kindness, and gentle mercies as he forgives, heals, and supplies us with our needs. However, "He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever." God is patient. He wants each of us to come to Him. He wants to abide in each of us to the deep thoughts of our minds, the desires of our hearts, and to every corner of our souls. Oh! Friend, what are you waiting on? God is calling you, don't turn away. As David reminds us in chapter 103, judgement day is coming.
"But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and his righteousness unto children's children: To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them." (17, 18)
It isn't going to be easy. It takes faith. It takes complete trust in our Lord and Savior. You may feel like you are standing on a cliff and scared to take that step of faith. Remove your fears and let the love of God lift you up. Trust me; the journey will not always be easy, but I have grown and learned each step of the way. I learn more when I'm down while trusting and knowing there are lessons to learn along the way.
Yes, I bless the Lord with all that is within me! In the quiet night as I'm under the stars or in the business and stress of the workday, I know God is with me.
"Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul." (22)
My favorite chapter (one of) in the Bible is Psalm 103. I memorized it many years ago. The first verse, "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." My mind, body, and soul went to desiring to bless, praise, and experience God with my whole being. And, I asked the question, "Who is this writer?" It is none other than David, and if you know what is written about David, "he was a man after God's own heart." Why? Because he spent many nights alone with God under the stars. Because he trusted and had faith that God was there to watch over him. Because he experienced God's love and mercy. Because when he sinned (we all sin) he fell on his knees with a contrite and broken heart to ask forgiveness. Yes, we can be that close to God today, because God is there waiting on us to open our hearts, soul, and mind to Him.
Psalms 103 tells of God's redeeming grace, loving kindness, and gentle mercies as he forgives, heals, and supplies us with our needs. However, "He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever." God is patient. He wants each of us to come to Him. He wants to abide in each of us to the deep thoughts of our minds, the desires of our hearts, and to every corner of our souls. Oh! Friend, what are you waiting on? God is calling you, don't turn away. As David reminds us in chapter 103, judgement day is coming.
"But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and his righteousness unto children's children: To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them." (17, 18)
It isn't going to be easy. It takes faith. It takes complete trust in our Lord and Savior. You may feel like you are standing on a cliff and scared to take that step of faith. Remove your fears and let the love of God lift you up. Trust me; the journey will not always be easy, but I have grown and learned each step of the way. I learn more when I'm down while trusting and knowing there are lessons to learn along the way.
Yes, I bless the Lord with all that is within me! In the quiet night as I'm under the stars or in the business and stress of the workday, I know God is with me.
"Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul." (22)
Comments
Post a Comment