My Christmas Prayer List
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only
begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal
life.” John 3:16
There is this lady who has chosen to be my tormentor for
thirty five plus years. As I committed
to serve God, she has been there to find fault with my every move. At times, her cruel words have brought me to
tears. Well, here we are in the
Christmas season, and she is still there watching and waiting to criticize my
every move for the Lord. So, this past
Sunday, as she wagged her tongue, I walked away and placed her at the top of my
prayer list. I have been praying for her
continuously. I’m praying that God will
change her heart and fill her with His spirit of love. Then, as I’ve been praying, God has given me
others to add to my list. So, I’m
creating a special Christmas Prayer List.
This morning at 5:30 AM as I’m praying for those God is laying
on my heart, a small voice in my mind and heart says, “Make a list and post it
where you will see it all day.”
So, here I am, making my Christmas prayer list. And, these verses come to mind. It is because of love that God sent His Son
for the salvation of the world. It is
because of love that Jesus chose to live and die for your sins and my
sins. It is because of love that God
will take a broken soul as myself and lift me up in love when I’m broken. Jesus came to save those who are lost because
of love. First, my prayer is for God to
fill me with His love, so I will not be about me, but about lifting up those who
need God.
As Jesus commanded, I will be praying.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one
another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” John 13:34
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those
who persecute you.” Matthew 5:44
"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good
to those who hate you.” Luke 6:27
“Is anyone among you in
trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is
anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them
and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in
faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have
sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and
pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person
is powerful and effective. “ James
5:13-16
Praying for love and God’s grace to grow in my heart and the hearts of
those on my Christmas Prayer List.
Comments
Post a Comment