Finding Peace in the Storm
When the storms of anxiety, fear, or loneliness come, it is easy to fall into despair. Tears flow as we consider all that we think needs to get done. Our hearts race while the cloud of pain hang over us. Recently, a sweet lady posted on Face Book about her anxieties. She sees all that she thinks have to be done, and the anxiety attack over takes her emotions. Then, there is the caretaker juggling the tasks of being a mother to her parents, working a part time job, and rushing children to school, music lessons, and ball practice. Wait! She has a Sunday School lesson to prepare each week and the monthly Bible study with the ladies. When will she find peace in this storm of life?
Has the storms overtaken you?
I can throw some Bible verses at you, but I'm sure you have read them all. The truth is that I had to learn to juggle priorities and realize somethings can wait until tomorrow. It isn't easy. In addition, I had to learn to give up some of my volunteer work and learn to say no. Once they know you will not say yes without consulting God in prayer, they will not ask as often. Yes, I know that there aren't enough workers to cover all the bases, but it isn't my nor your responsibility to take on more than we can handle physically and emotionally.
So, if you find yourself over taken with the storms around you, slow down, step back, and breath. Breath in the peace of God and soak yourself in prayer. Don't be fearful to ask for help or time out. As you slow down, step back, and seek God's will through scripture and prayer. This is where I find peace in the storm.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5,6 NLT

Comments
Post a Comment