Proverbs: Wisdom Calls
Wisdom is calling! God is calling! He promises, "I will pour out my spirit into you. and I will make known my words to you." (Pro. 1:23)
Then, what happens when we refuse the wisdom of God? He calls, yet you refuse. He reaches out, yet he is refused. God is love and wants you to believe and seek his wisdom.
Atheist have called me and asked for prayer. Yes. It does seem odd, but it has happened. At funerals or in conversation, some have let me know that they don't believe in any god. Then, a life crisis came, and they called me. They called, because I am a believer. Does this mean they believe in God? I wonder.
Then, look at us in church. Do we wait until a crisis happens to call on God? Do we live like we have God's wisdom? I wonder, as I read, "Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: they hated knowledge, and did not chose the fear of the Lord; They didn't want my counsel: they despised my laws. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devises." I wonder how many wait until it is too late. How many never read the wisdom in the gospel of God? If only...
If only, we all will seek to live like Jesus. Jesus is our example of God's wisdom. Seeking riches and falling into the snares of pride leads to destruction. Living for God daily and seeking His wisdom daily leads to us living like Jesus who loved all and was compassionate towards all. Jesus gave his followers instructions. Those same instructions are for you and me.
After Jesus' death and resurrection from the dead, he was eating fish with his disciples. They watched as he spoke. He gave them the following instructions in Luke 24.
Then he said, “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’ You are witnesses of all these things And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.” (44-49 NLT)
"There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent."
This is were wisdom begins. Faith, repentance, and seeking God's wisdom daily through the Holy Spirit. By opening the Bible, God's book of wisdom, we learn what faith means. We learn how to live. We understand that God's way is to love one another. This is the beginning of growing in God's wisdom.
Stop waiting and call on God today. Give your life to God and live and love as Jesus did while he was on this earth.
"But all who listens to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33 NLV

Comments
Post a Comment