Proverbs: Listen My Child
| Listen My Child |
As I started reading Proverbs, I thought how much I would like to share these words with my children and grandchildren. Many times Solomon wrote, "My son." I will change this to "My Child" and share these words of wisdom.
Proverbs 1:8 - 10
My Child, hear the instruction of your father, and forsake not the law of your mother: for they shall be an ornament of grace on your head, and chains about your neck. If sinners entice you, do not listen nor follow after their way. (in my words)
If they will only listen! Like Luke. But, will Luke always listen. I appreciated the thought that he listened to me and cut my roses. I didn't ask him to cut my roses. This is where a child learns from watching others. I'm sure somewhere along the way, he has noticed either his mother or father respond to someone by helping them without being asked. I love this quality in my children. However, they don't always listen. When they did not listen, there were consequences. I wish I could have helped them avoid suffering through their mistakes, but they did learn from their mistakes - I hope.
Here is the purpose of the Proverbs in verses 1 - 7 - Now listen my children!
To know wisdom and instruction,
to understand words of insight,
to receive instruction in wise dealing,
in righteousness, justice, and equity;
knowledge and discretion to the youth—
and the one who understands obtain guidance,
to understand a proverb and a saying,
the words of the wise and their riddles.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
(ESV)
Comments
Post a Comment