Judge or Love?

     When I was young, I despised judgmental people.  During my teen years, I prayed, "Lord, don't let me become judgmental like my Granny."  As I got older, I prayed, "Lord, help me not to judge others, but to love as you love."  I still pray that prayer, because there are times I slip into a judgmental state of mind.  It isn't good.  I realize that as we age we see people differently and tend to be judgmental without realizing it.  God did not call us to judge but to love, show God's grace, and share the gospel.
     "You are inexcusable, yes you, whoever you are who judges.  Whenever you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you judge others but do the same things."
      These are not my words but my interpretation of Paul's words in Romans 2:1.  God sees us all in all our sin and not one of us is better than the other.  Paul reminds us in Romans 2: 12 & 13, "as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law.  For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."  Instead of judging, we are to be "doers of God's laws."  As doers of God's laws, we don't judge but encourage, teach, love, and lead those around us towards God.
     So, will we still judge if we are doers of God's Laws?  Is obedience to the laws enough to stop us?  Does living the Bible save us from God's judgment?
     "Now, we know that whatsoever things the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.  Therefore, by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight, because by the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:19 & 20
     By knowing the law, we come to understand that "all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.  Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness that he might be just, and the justifier of him who believes in Jesus." Roman 3:23-26
     My dear friend, this is why I choose not to judge.  My sins are as great as others, and I have no right to judge.  Our God is love.  Our God, the creator and judge over all, forgives our sins when we repent and believe in Him.  He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, who died for all, because he sees us all with "no respect of persons."

"For there is no respect of persons with God." Romans 2:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY