Finding Peace


     All search for peace.  Some think they can find peace in this world but look around and see if you can find true peace coming out of the world.  With so much bitterness and hate on social media, do you wonder why people don’t try to make peace instead of building up hate?  Believe me; hate does not bring peace, joy, nor reconciliation.  Hateful words on social media only stir up conflict not peace.  Peace comes from approaching people with love. 

     “Hatred stirs up conflicts, but love covers all offenses.” This is translation from Christian Standard Bible, Proverbs 12:10.  If you are motivated by hate, there is no hope of finding peace.  Even medically, hate is an emotion that raises blood pressure and causes mental and physical problems.  Now, doesn’t it make sense to have a spirit of love?  Love where you can always have hope.  Where are we without hope?  Hope carries us from day to day.  However, this hope must be from love in order to bring real peace.

     For me, peace comes from the love of Jesus.  I’ve been able to react with love when being torn done and falsely accused.  I’ve been able to face the accuser without a temper but with a mild and loving spirit.  Well, I had to walk away first, because a false accusation hurts deeply.  I walked away because I did not want to react hatefully.  I walked away because I needed to pray leaning on the hope which is based on my faith and love for God.  I walked away in disbelief that people would choose to believe a lie instead of the truth.  The accuser was very racist and hateful.  This manager did not like me associating with African Americans.  He only befriended people to use them.  He celebrated when the vice president was fired but was in his office every morning giving advise like a friend.  Yes, this was the heart of my accuser, self-centered and hateful.  So, I returned without hate, but peacefully.  Even, with the lies, I was at peace.  This peace came from God.  My spirit was not defeated (nor job) because I put my hope in God.

     Truly, ‘hope will not make you ashamed, because the love of God is shown to all in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us.’ (my translation of Romans 5:5) God sent us the Holy Spirit to give us strength and give us knowledge.   God did this because he loved us so much that he sent Christ to die for our sins.  ‘For this, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.’ (Romans 5:10) In conclusion, I can have ‘peace with God through or Lord Jesus Christ,’ because I’ve been justified by my faith.  (Romans 5:1)
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY