PEACE OF MIND


  Here we are with another day quarantined.  We already live in a volatile world where people are full of anger with a media poking the flames of mistrust.  Celebrities are using their platforms to blame everything on the president and to call people racist.  Adding to the situation, college students are flocking to the beaches of Florida to party with no reasoning of spreading a virus.  Then, I open Twitter and see people posting Bible verses of encouragement and wisdom.  Oh yes, some are wise with minds at peace.

     Now, how can we be at peace in a time as this?  This year we have politics in full swing with lies and insane words being thrown to the public.  There is fighting within political parties for control.  We have socialism rolling into our society, and those with wisdom know that this will be the beginning of the end of our freedoms.  The stock market if falling becuase everything is closed due to this virus spreading around the world.  People are stockpiling supplies and shelves are empty.  In all this mass confusion with all the troubles and shouting, some of us know how to find peace and contentment in this storm.  We find this peace and contentment through our faith.  Oh, dear brothers and sisters, keep the Bible verses coming.  Keep your faith strong.  Let’s show the world how we face these times.

     At this moment, I see on twitter prayer request and replies of “praying.”   As I scroll, I see posts from our senators blaming China for virus, blaming President Trump, and videos of themselves.  You do know that these are men with ambitions to be president or to become rich.  Next, I see Franklin Graham’s post showing that Samaritans Purse is sending help to Italy, and other posts about medical teams volunteering.  Then, many people posting Bible verses.  Here is one I just read, “Let you light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.’ Matthew 5:16. This verse makes me think about how each of us are appearing to others.  I’m thankful for all the Bible verses, prayer requests, and prayers.  This is where we can find peace within our souls.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of the Light

What Christians Should Do

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY