Jesus' Lessons: Prayer
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no
man comes unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
Jesus tells the
disciples many times that whatever they ask in His Name the Father will give to
them. God sent His Son, so it is
reasonable that the way to the Father is through the Son. This lesson was not only for the disciples,
but it applies to each of us today. We
seek God through His Son, because Jesus was sent by God the Father to be the
sacrifice for our sins. Also, when we
seek God’s will through Jesus Christ, we are fulfilling God’s will. At the same time, through prayer, we are drawing
nearer to God.
When praying from
the heart, we are opening our hearts to God.
From within our hearts, we can be assured that Jesus is near. We know because Jesus said, ‘For the Father
himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have believed that I came out
from God. I came forth from the Father,
and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the
Father. Behold, the hour comes, yes, is
now come, that you shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me
alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken to you, that in me
you might have peace. In the world you
shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John
16:27-33)
Jesus asked them
in John 16:31, ‘Do you now believe?’
Your prayer is in vain if you don’t believe that Jesus is the son of
God. We will have difficult times, but
our faith in God will make us stronger.
Can you answer the question? Do
you believe?
For Jesus said, “Believe
me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the
very works’ sake. Verily, verily, I say
unto you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also: and
greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that
will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask any thing in my name, I will do
it.” (John 14:11-14)
Comments
Post a Comment