Praying with Purpose
A Face Book friend is posting a prayer each
day for different groups of people. It
is up lifting to read. In addition,
Twitter has become a rolling prayer list.
There is so much need today.
There is need every day, but with the majority of us in quarantine, we are
given the opportunity to slow down, look around, and observe so many trials and
needs. I’ve made it a daily ritual to
pray over the many tweets. I pray for
those posting hateful comments. I pray
for those pleading for prayer and support.
And, I pray for those who are posting encouraging words. We all need prayer.
Prayer draws us closer to God and give us
a better understanding of our own purpose.
I Thessalonians 5:8-11 is an excellent example of what our purpose
should be.
“But let us who are
of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a
helmet the hope of salvation. For God
did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus
Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together
with Him. Therefore comfort each other
and edify one another, just as you also are doing.”
These verses are reminding me that through my faith I have salvation, and as a Christian I’m
to show love, not anger or revenge. As
Christians we are to encourage and lift one another up. Verse 13 says, “Be at peace among yourselves.” In other words, lovingly warn those who need
warning, comfort and uphold the weak, be patient with all, and pursue what is
good for others and yourself. (14-15) This is my purpose – praying with love
and understanding for all. Each day, I choose
to pray.
So, through the coming days of a national
quarantine, find purpose in prayer. Reach
out and start a prayer chain among friends.
Mark each day in quarantine with a purpose, a purpose to pray.I Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing."
Comments
Post a Comment